SHOE CLEANING ADVICE
Supplies you’re going to need
- Mall Store Cleaner
- Jason Markk
- Angelus Direct Easy Cleaner
- Mr. Clean “Magic Erasers”
- Goof Off
Everything listed above is a suggestion, feel free to use your favorite shoe cleaner.
If you can’t find any of the supplies listed above at your local store you can always order off of Amazon. Or you can always go with the good ol’ soap and water. One thing just remember to use a old toothbrush since your going to scrub away dirt, grime or any other buildup. You will have to put in a lot of elbow grease to really get all the grime out, but it’s a start.
- Ever buy shoes that have a ridiculously bad glue stain from the factory? Depending on what shoe it is you could always return it and get a new pair. Well that isn’t the case for most of us, if this happens to you don’t worry. The only thing you need to do is go buy some acetone or ask your girl(Mom/Sister for some T_T). What you want to do is get a q-tip and dip it into the acetone. Then you will rub the acetone into the glue stain until it comes off. Beware you may need to rub it with a towel depending on how bad it is.
- Retail store cleaners can be a pricey but will work very well when used properly. I only use these on all leather shoes or on the midsole/sole. First you’re going to need to wipe off any dust or dirt off. Try to get as much of it off without using the shoe cleaner first. After you’ve finished wiping away any dirt or dust, apply the shoe cleaner to the area you wish to clean and start to scrub it using the included cap brush, don’t scrub to hard or you will damage the leather. Once the foam or gel starts to dissolve you’re going to wipe the dirt off with a damp wash cloth. You can find these cleaners at just about any mall shoe store. Just remember to follow the instructions on the can and you will be fine.
- If you have dusty nubuck or suede shoes, try to use “Dust off” or any compressed air can. It’s mainly used for cleaning electronics like a PC tower or keyboards. But it works great on sneakers by blowing any dust build up you may have on your shoes.
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will work great for any light scuff marks you may have on the midsole. These can be purchased from just about any grocery store. They’re easy to use and pretty cheap, you can always by the knock off brand they work just as good. You will need to add a small amount of water to the magic eraser before you being to use it. Once you’ve done that you can start to wipe away the scuff marks left on your shoes!
- For any hard to remove stains or marks on your shoes you will need to buy “Goof Off”. This will clean almost anything off the shoe! WARNING! This is probably a step down from acid! To avoid ruining you shoes apply it to a small area of your shoes. Now back to it, you will need to use an old washcloth or towel, and dip it into a small amount of goof off. Now you will begin to rub away the unwanted spot or stain. Once you’ve finished you will need to wipe the spot over with a dampened wash cloth to dilute any goof off residue that may be left behind. You can also use Goof Off on clear soles! If used properly, you can keep your shoes “icy” looking a lot longer!
All links redirect to Amazon.